Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Spring of 2007 ~ how it all started

Last night was the start of softball season. As I walked across the field to watch my man play, I got nostalgic thinking about how softball brought us together 4 years ago. So here's our story!

Matt had decided to join my church's men's softball team. I was on the coed team. After 1 game I had to drop out due to a foot injury. But I secretly was rather glad about it, cuz this meant I could watch Matt's games! I was getting interested in this guy who was confindent, could carry his own in a conversation, was into finances, and had a great sense of humor (and was 6 ft w/ black hair - my ultimate dream man). Only problem was, he didn't know I existed. So some careful planning was put into place (but I'll just stick with the softball facts this time around :D ).

I started attending every game he had. Sometimes he'd talk to me afterwards, but mostly not. Then came my big break, the Border Bash game!! An all day event where they played ball nonstop. I got up at 6:00 AM to get to this - even curled my hair for if! That was one long day - sitting in the rain and cold watching game after game. During one game he hit a home run and as he ran past the fence where I was standing he said "that was for you". That was my first real sign after months that he might be interested.

But alas the games ended and we walked to our cars. As I was pulling out he waived me down and said he'd go to the post game party if I would. Of course! Off to the party we went, caravan style. But alas, the party ended and again nothing else concrete said. Within minutes of leaving my cell rang....yep, him again. He asked if I'd like to drive past his work. 

And so as we stood in the pouring rain on the road looking at his work, with rain drenching my gorgeouse curls and mascara running down my face, he simply said "You came to every game for months, and today you watched every game in the rain. You must be sombody special. Would you be my girlfriend?"

and of course I said yes :) FINALLY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww... so cute!! I'm sure he thought you looked beautiful even in the rain!1 :) Fun Fun!