Sunday, April 17, 2011

The life of a gluten free addict

I'm walking down the grocery aisle and my eyes zoom in on a brand new product. A gluten free Mint Chocolate Chip power bar. Can it be?!! It's been years since I've tasted such goodness. And now it's in the gluten free form so I can enjoy it again! I spend the high price and eagerly ripe the package open. My teeth sink in. The goodness crumbles in my mouth (as opposed to melt). The chalk-like substince sprinkles from the edge of the bar around my driver's seat. So much for a freshly vacuumed car. I try another bite. It is confirmed. This bar is has nothing in common with a real mint chocolate chip bar then the name on the wrapper. And so again I must live with just a long ago memory of Mint Chocolate Chip.

And yes, I intend to return the half eaten power bar due to consumer dissatisfaction.

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

Tell me - can you have the following:

mint extract
agave sugar
and any form of chocolate bar that I could chop into pieces?

I may have a solution :)

Unknown said...

:) Emily you made me laugh!! It sad that you can't eat things with gluten but the way you wrote this post is so funny!