Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unfinished Project #1 - FINISHED!

Here's unfinished project #1, and its now finished! My first quilt!!!! It's just slightly smaller then a twin bed, perfect for a child's bed someday. I think this is my longest kept unfinished project - 18 years. As I was sewing it this week I told my husband that it would some day be a family antique - he informed me that it was so old that it was already an antique! So true I'm afraid..... This unfinished beauty transfered with me through 5 moves, and had even more storage units as its home. It has now found a home on our couch, a much better place.

And yes, it had an old smell - but the sun has taken that away :)


Off to finish the next unfinished project....I have a host to choose from!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Go Emily! You've inspired me to sort through old unfinished projects--which I will probably only look longingly at and put away again! But I am inspired nonetheless! :)

Beverly said...

So impressed!!!!! :-D

Pearl said...

Nice. :-) I love hand-made stuff. That quilt is going to be an heirloom!

Pearl

abigail said...

It's absolutely beautiful...way to go!! :)